Trash & Recycling

1 - Which color of can is for what?

Green Can with Green lid is for trash.
Blue Can is for Recycle
Green Can with Yellow lid is for Yard Waste

2 - How do I order extra garbage, recycle or green waste containers?

To order extra containers, please call 801-254-2200.  Extra garbage containers are $10.45 per month, extra recycle containers are $3.75 per month and extra green waste containers are $5.35 per month..

3 - Where can I dispose of hazardous waste?

Visit Salt Lake County Health Department for information on the disposal of hazardous waste.

4 - Where can I dispose of glass?

Glass can be dropped off at the Draper City Public Works Facility (72 E. Sivogah Court - 14525 S.).  Their hours are Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

5 - What is my garbage / recycle pick-up day?

Garbage is collected weekly on Friday.  Recycling is collected bi-weekly. See the Recycling Schedule for your next recycling pick-up.  Green Waste is collected weekly on Friday, March through November.

6 - Will holidays affect my garbage / recycle pick-up?

The following four holidays could delay your pick-up: New Year's Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day. If your pick-up falls on or after the holiday, your pick-up will be delayed by one day for that week only.

7 - Does Bluffdale City have a neighborhood clean-up program?

There will be a discount coupon with your April utility bill each year.  It is good for $10.00 off at the landfill during the month of April.

8 - What can I put in my containers?

Trash - household waste.
Recycle - see complete list.
Green Waste - Acceptable materials include all residential green waste and compostable vegetative yard waste such as grass/lawn clippings, tree limbs, shrub trimmings, leaves, weeds, plants and flowers, garden waste, manure, wood chips and sawdust and wood scraps (less than 6 inches in diameter and 2 feet in length).
                        Non-Acceptable materials include soil/dirt, rocks, lawn sod, household waste, food waste, treated wood and paper and plastic bags.  Grass clippings and leaves in plastic bags will not be collected.  If you don't have a green waste can (green with a yellow lid), call (801) 254-2200 to order one today.

9 - Have service & / or billing questions about your Solid Waste services?
Please call Bluffdale City Utility Billing at 801-254-2200.

Utility Services

1 – How do I sign up for utility services?

There is an application online.  Complete the form and attach proof of purchase before submitting the form.  You must provide proof of ownership of the home.  Services will not be put in the name of a renter or leaser.  

2 - How can I see my bill?

Bills are mailed out between the 5th & 10th of each month.  They are always due on the 25th of the month.  You can also see your bill online at any time at Xpressbillpay.com.

3 – How can I pay my bill?

You can pay in any of the following ways:
     Xpress Bill Pay
     City Hall - 2222 W 14400 South - Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Mon - Fri.
     Drop box in front of City Hall - NO CASH
     Mail to: 2222 W 14400 South Bluffdale , UT 84065
     By phone - 801-254-2200 ext 33

4 - Does it cost anything to sign up for online bill payment?

It is free to sign up for online bill payment at Xpress Bill Pay. Only VISA & Mastercard are accepted;

5 – I am moving.  How do I cancel my services?

Complete and submit the cancel services form.