2017 ElectionsThe 2017 City of Bluffdale Municipal Elections will be held to elect a Mayor and
To qualify as a candidate for a municipal office, you must be a United States citizen, a registered voter and be a resident of Bluffdale for 12 consecutive months prior to the election. The Primary Election, if needed, will be held Tuesday, August 15, 2017. The General Election will be held Tuesday, November 7, 2017. You can read about the candidates at vote.utah.gov
City of Bluffdale Municipal Election Applicants
- Declaration of Candidacy - Wendy W. Aston - CC 4-yr
- Declaration of Candidacy - Derk Powell Timothy (Incumbent) - Mayor 4-yr
- Declaration of Candidacy - Ulises Flynn - CC 4-yr
- Declaration of Candidacy - Alan Jackson (Incumbent) - CC 4-yr
- Declaration of Candidacy - Courtney Hansen - CC 2-yr
- Declaration of Candidacy - Carson L. Mitchell - CC 2-yr
- Declaration of Candidacy - Dave Kallas - CC 2-yr
- Declaration of Candidacy - Mark Hales - CC 4-yr
- Declaration of Candidacy - Connie Robbins CC 4-yr
- Declaration of Candidacy - Nancy Lord CC 2-yr
- Candidacy Withdrawal Affidavit - Mark R. Hales - CC 4-yr
- Candidacy Withdrawal Affidavit - Nancy Lord - CC 2-yr
Certified List of Candidates 2017
Financial Disclosures - Primary Election
Ballot Candidates for the General Election - November 7, 2017
Financial Disclosures - General Election
The City of Bluffdale is a city of the 4th class as defined by the Utah Code. There are 6 elected officials that make up the governing body: a Mayor and 5 Council Members.
Council Members are elected for terms of 4-years and terms are staggered so that only 3 elected officials’ terms expire at the same time. Municipal Elections occur in odd years (2017, 2019, 2021, etc.) and are held during General Elections on the second Tuesday in November.
The Mayor and 5 Council Members are elected at-large.
Click here for more information on Bluffdale City's Form of Government.
|Name||Expiration of Term|
|Mayor Derk Timothy||01/01/2018|
|Megan Kallas (Interim)||01/01/2018|