Project and Planning Highlights
- The first step to good planning was to update the General Plan which was 30 years old. A series of public open houses and other meetings were held over a period of one year until a final document was adopted in March 2014.
- A Parks,Trails, Recreation and Open Space Master Plan was also worked on for more than six months which included a City wide survey to identify the desires of residents. The final plan was adopted in October 2015.
- UDOT constructed a bridge and interchange at Redwood Road and Bangerter Highway in 2015 which will provide better access to areas planned for economic and commercial opportunities the City residents have long desired. A Smiths Marketplace and other retail outlets have been approved and will be under construction this fall.
- A new City Hall is under construction and will be completed next spring. This new building will be a prominent feature for the community for day-to-day City operations and also provide a central gathering place for community events.
- Salt Lake County is close to completing the Wardle Fields Regional Park planned to open the spring of 2017. The first phase provides over 40 acres of open space, pavilions, water feature and splash pad, pickle ball courts, basketball courts and walking trails.
- Summit Academy has built one new K-8 school on the east side of the City and has another K-8 school under construction on 14400 South planned to be open for this fall school year.
- Jordan School District has purchased property and is planning schools on the east side of the City to accommodate future growth.
- Adding bike lanes to streets.
- Constructing new trails and parks throughout the City.
- Improvements to the rodeo arena.
- New streets and other improvements.
- Providing more housing opportunities.