Parks & Recreation
a range of active and passive experiences. The City provides nearly 60
acres of public parkland and recreation facilities distributed among nine
park sites and numerous open space parcels.
City-provided athletic fields are available at the City Park and Parry Farms, which include one large soccer field, two softball/baseball fields and four pickleball courts. Bluffdale also provides a centrally-located equestrian arena at the west end of the City Park. In addition, there are approximately 16 miles of trails within the City, which include the Jordan River Parkway Trail and several pedestrian and equestrian routes.
The City does not currently offer recreation programs, although
organized sports are provided by private youth leagues, surrounding cities and the Jordan School District. City residents also have access to Salt Lake County recreational facilities within close proximity.
7-6-3: RESERVING CITY PARK FACILITIES:
A. Prohibited Categories: It shall be unlawful for any person, group or organization to reserve any city park facility for commercial use.
1. "Commercial use" is defined as any group or organization that makes a profit as its primary purpose.
2. Persons, groups or organizations that charge fees associated with its use of city park facilities shall be presumed to be commercial unless they are a not for profit company or organization whose primary purpose is to build the community, such as the Lion's Club, 4-H or similar organization.
B. Reservation Procedure: City park facilities may be reserved for use Monday through Saturday, from six o'clock (6:00) A.M. to ten o'clock (10:00) P.M. year-round subject to the following conditions:
1. The city reserves the right to withhold reservations for any given day during the period of availability, or cancel an already scheduled reservation, in the sole discretion of the city.
2. City park facility reservations are made on a first come, first serve basis. Reservations may be made up to six (6) months in advance.
3. The city reserves the right to refuse any reservation if the associated group has any history of violating these regulations, applicable law, or any other history of behavior that the city determines constitutes an abuse of the city park facilities.
4. A person or organization may reserve city park facilities only up to three (3) days in any given week unless expressly authorized by city officials.
5. Depending on the facility sought to be used, the city park facility reservations may require a fee as set out in the city consolidated fee schedule. The fees may include usage fees, cleaning deposits, and other fees.
6. Any deposits required pursuant to the city consolidated fee schedule shall be one hundred percent (100%) refundable in the event of a cancellation at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance. Any cancellation less than forty-eight (48) hours in advance shall forfeit twenty-five percent (25%) of their deposit. (Ord. 2014-06, 4-22-2014)
7-6-4: CITY PARK REGULATIONS PERTAINING TO THE RESERVATION OF CITY PARK FACILITIES:
During the use of city park facilities by private parties, the following shall be observed:
A. The city park facilities are open from six o'clock (6:00) A.M. to ten o'clock (10:00) P.M.
B. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
C. Glass containers of any kind are prohibited.
D. Use of archery and firearms, including discharging blanks, is prohibited.
E. Defacing, improving or changing of the property is prohibited.
F. Smoking is prohibited.
G. Unauthorized motor vehicles are prohibited.
H. Operating or parking of motor vehicles on the grass is prohibited.
I. Golfing is prohibited.
J. Unauthorized overnight parking is prohibited.
K. Camping is prohibited.
L. Littering is prohibited. City park facilities shall be kept clean and all trash, refuse, and debris shall be placed in appropriate receptacles or taken out by users.
M. The facility shall be left in as good or better condition than when the user reserved it.
N. Users shall clean up after their animals.
O. Rollerblades, bikes or skateboards are prohibited in or on pavilions, plaza areas, grass, tables and benches.
P. The playing, using, operating, or permitting to be played, used, or operated, of any machine or device for the producing, reproducing, or amplifying of sound:
1. Is prohibited on Sundays;
2. Monday through Saturday, is prohibited if such practice is plainly audible at a distance of fifty feet (50') from the location of such machine or device, or at the nearest property boundary, whichever is closer, unless otherwise authorized by the city.
Q. Sports fields and grassed play areas may only be used during open season after they are declared open by the city. The city may close any sports field in its sole discretion.
R. Violators of these restrictions may be cited.
S. All other city ordinances may be enforced. (Ord. 2014-06, 4-22-2014)
Anyone who violates the city park facility regulations or other rule as stated in this policy, as determined by a code officer or other law enforcement, shall be guilty of a class B misdemeanor, be civilly liable for any damage caused to the facility, and shall forfeit any deposit. (Ord. 2014-06, 4-22-2014)